Product Manager - Quantum Software
Xanadu’s mission is to build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere.
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. What we are doing is extremely hard, the classic moon shot. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. And that is something to be excited about!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Xanadu is an industry leader in the burgeoning area of quantum software. In this role, you will be a Product Manager contributing to our flagship Python-based quantum software library PennyLane. Drawing on your technical background, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the product vision for a specific focus area within PennyLane (quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning, high-performance computing, compilation).
- Define the vision, roadmap, requirements, scope, and delivery timelines for major technically advanced features, based on feedback and discussion with stakeholders and users
- Working with a cross-functional team of developers and content creators, plan, coordinate, and ensure timely execution of priority features
- Develop a strong understanding of the major users and personas of quantum software, deriving insights about best strategy and direction for our software roadmap
- Work with community and marketing teams to determine how to position and communicate new features and software products to our core users
- Develop user insights to identify the problems users encounter in quantum research, and translate this into software solutions
Basic qualifications and experience
- Experience with the scientific Python ecosystem
- Experience with scientific research processes and tools
- Familiarity with the quantum software ecosystem (PennyLane, Qiskit, Braket, Cirq)
- Ability to manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables in collaboration with different stakeholders
- Ability to translate high-level, highly technical concepts into clear and effective requirements for developers
- Strong communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 1+ years of Product Management experience for a technical, scientific, or software product, preferably in a deep tech field
- Proven track record of defining and executing a long-term vision for a product, service, or software library
- Track record in working closely with software developers and technical writers to develop and refine product requirements, create solutions, and get buy-in from stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience with quantum computing
- Ability to understand and apply complex mathematical concepts
- Subject matter expertise in any of the following:
- Quantum chemistry
- Machine learning
- Automatic differentiation
- High-performance computing
- Experience with open-source software projects
- Experience with Python
- Experience with version control tools and services (Git, GitHub)
Our values are important. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.