Senior HR Generalist
Xanadu’s mission is to build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere.
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. And that is something to be excited about!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implement and constantly refine HR systems, policies, processes, and programs to build the organization and develop our people to grow and succeed; put metrics and measurements in place to ensure these processes are working and efficient
- Provide day-to-day coaching for employees and supervisors/team leads; provide guidance in employee relations matters
- Ensure diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) strategies are implemented across the organization from on-boarding to professional advancement
- Ensure Xanadu’s compliance with SIF (Strategic Innovation Fund), Federal Contractors Program (FCP), Legislated Employment Equity Program (LEEP), and Labour Market Benefits Plan (LMBP) regulations as well as reporting requirements
- Lead the onboarding strategy for all new hires to ensure they are set up for success
- Advise leadership on all HR projects including performance management, training, employee relations, organizational development, and DEI
- Develop and oversee company-wide trainings and professional development activities
- Develop and implement strategies for maintaining a strong, positive workplace culture
Required qualifications, and experience:
- University or Masters degree in Human Resources, People Operations or related field is required
- Minimum of 7 years of HR experience, ideally in technology companies both established and start-up and a minimum of 3 years in a leadership position
- Experience coaching with a focus on performance management, data analytics/reporting, and employee relations
- Experience building job grades and pay bands, compensation leveling and career frameworks
- HR Systems (HRIS, ATS, etc.) experience; ADP and Hibob preferred
- Fluency in compliance with Ontario labor regulations
- Experience working with both technical and business teams and a thorough understanding of the unique challenges facing both groups
- Demonstrable project management skills and ability to forward program goals independently
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills, as well as emotional intelligence, and the ability to build relationships at every level of the organization
Our values are important. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.