Optoelectronic Packaging Technician
Xanadu’s mission is to build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere.
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. And that is something to be excited about!
Your role and responsibilities:
As part of the Hardware Team in Toronto, you will take your experience in delivering high-performance optoelectronic chip packaging solutions, and apply it to Xanadu's rack-scale quantum computer development. In the role of optoelectronic packaging technician, you will join a growing team to help build and qualify complex photonic assemblies. You will be involved in developing cutting-edge packaging processes by use of fully automated forefront production-compatible packaging and precision measurement equipment.
Required qualifications and experience:
- BSc or higher in photonics or electrical engineering, physics or a relevant related discipline
- 2+ years experience working in a laboratory environment with optical test and/or fiber optic equipment.
- Basic knowledge of the sample preparations for optical experiments
- Basic knowledge of microscopy techniques
- Basic knowledge in die attaches, fiber attaches and heatsink technologies.
- Basic knowledge of electrical packaging of photonics chips
- Self-motivated, comfortable working both independently and collaboratively with people of all disciplines on complex projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- MSc in photonics or electrical engineering, physics or a relevant related discipline
- 3+ years of industry experience in delivering photonic packaging solutions in an industry or industry-supporting role
- Experience in die attaches, fiber attaches and heatsink technologies.
- Experience in electrical packaging of photonics chips
- Proficiency in wafer scale and system-level characterization and analysis
- Ability to perform basic instrumentation of laboratory equipment.
- Experience in wafer scale and system-level characterization and analysis.
- Knowledge of version control software and common software development practices in a team environment.
Our values are important. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for the culture at Xanadu.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at [email protected].