Senior Software Developer - Product Development
Xanadu’s mission is to build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere.
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. What we are doing is extremely hard, the classic moon shot. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. And that is something to be excited about!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Senior Software Developer you will help build out the pennylane.ai ecosystem of products. The goal of pennylane.ai is to help pioneer quantum software development as a discipline and spread the adoption of PennyLane, an open-source framework for quantum machine learning, quantum computing, and quantum chemistry. No quantum software experience is required.
- Design, create, build, scale, document, and maintain new and existing products for the pennylane.ai ecosystem.
- Design a set of APIs for consumption by internal and external services and web front ends.
- Work with a cross-functional team to drive our product roadmap forward and to build great experiences for our users.
- Collaborating with product owners to derive requirements and ensure designs are technically feasible.
- Take a technical leadership role and own a significant part of the domain, including exploring, presenting, and advocating for new technologies.
- Mentor other developers on the team.
- Ensure high-quality production code by maintaining automated test coverage and a dynamic code review process.
- Develop and improve processes to ensure developer efficiency and consistent product delivery. Promote an agile and iterative approach to software development.
- Perform DevOps related tasks, such as maintaining our CI/CD pipelines using GitHub Actions.
At Xanadu we primarily work with Python, but we use various tools including NextJS, React, Postgres, Docker, Terraform, CI pipelines (GitHub Actions), and cloud platforms (AWS), and are constantly exploring new technologies to add to our stack.
Basic qualifications and experience
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, or related field.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Strong knowledge in modern development languages like Python, Go, or Rust.
- Experience with modern web frameworks (REACT, NextJS).
- Hands-on experience building large, fault-tolerant, distributed systems at scale.
- Experience using Docker and deploying to cloud providers like AWS or Google Cloud.
- Product-minded approach to software development.
- Self-driven to deliver high-quality solutions to our users.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
Preferred qualifications and experience
- Technical leadership experience.
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Proficient in integrating with, and deploying, front-end technologies such as NextJS and React. A working knowledge of these frameworks is also a nice-to-have.
Alignment with our values is important. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at [email protected].