Quantum Optics Research Software Developer
Xanadu’s mission is to build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere.
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. And that is something to be excited about!
Your Role and responsibilities:
As part of the architecture team, the selected candidate will develop and maintain technical software in use by the architecture team. In particular, the selected candidate will contribute in the full-stack development of MrMustard (from high-level architectural design choices to implementing new features to writing documentation and tutorials) and to other software projects for the architecture team. For this role it is important to excel in theoretical quantum optics/information and python programming.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc or MSc or in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, or related field.
- Familiarity with quantum optics and quantum information, demonstrated via coursework, thesis or publications.
- Excellent Python programming skills, demonstrated via a public online portfolio (i.e. GitHub account, contributions to open-source projects, etc).
- Extensive experience with at least one of: TensorFlow, PyTorch, Jax.
- Knowledge of design patterns, outstanding software testing practices, familiarity with solid principles.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, or related field.
- Experience with High Performance Computing (including numba/C/C++)
- Practical experience with at least one of the following: reinforcement learning, deep learning, automated theorem proving, abstract syntax trees and compilers, ZX calculus.
Our values are important. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.