Product Manager - Quantum Cloud
Xanadu’s mission is to build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere.
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. What we are doing is extremely hard, the classic moon shot. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. And that is something to be excited about!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Xanadu is an industry leader in the burgeoning area of quantum software and quantum cloud services. In this role, you will be a Product Manager contributing to our portfolio of cloud-based quantum platforms, including web applications for quantum researchers, learners, and educators. Drawing on your technical background, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the product vision for various aspects of our platform (quantum programming, learning pathways, researcher resources).
- Define the vision, roadmap, requirements, scope, and delivery timelines for major features, based on feedback and discussion with stakeholders and users
- Working with a cross-functional team of developers, designers, and content creators, plan, coordinate, and ensure timely execution of priority features
- Develop a strong understanding of the major users and personas of quantum technologies, deriving insights about best strategy and direction for our platform roadmap
- Work with community and marketing teams to determine how to position and communicate new features and services to our core users
- Develop user insights to identify the problems users encounter in quantum research, and translate this into cloud solutions
- Ensuring a consistent, high-quality, and fun user experience throughout the learning platform
Basic qualifications and experience
- Experience with product management and/or project management
- Experience with scientific research processes and tools
- Track record of defining and executing long-term product vision
- Experience with using data (e.g., Google Analytics, Google Search Console, A/B testing) to inform decision making
- Ability to manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables in collaboration with different stakeholders
- Ability to translate high-level, highly technical concepts into clear and effective requirements for developers
- Strong communication skills
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical Communication, Education, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 1+ years of Product Management experience for a technical, scientific, or software product, preferably in a deep tech field
- Experience with the scientific Python ecosystem or other open-source projects
- Experience with techniques to enhance user enjoyment and engagement
- Experience with quantum computing or machine learning
- Good understanding of SEO and content discoverability
- Track record in working closely with software developers and technical writers to develop and refine product requirements, create solutions, and get buy-in from stakeholders
- Experience with version control tools and services (Git, GitHub)
Our values are important. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.